Carolina Crown currently has openings for seasonal truck and bus drivers to support Carolina Crown's national summer tour from June 15 to August 15.
CDL positions for 53 foot equipment trailer, 55-passenger buses used for members, and "entertainer coach(es)" used for volunteers and faculty are available for highly motivated individuals who enjoy working with like individuals, and would like to do so supporting a team-oriented organization consisting of 160 young performers and a support team of approximately 65 adults.
Driving for Carolina Crown involves mostly night driving, of occasionally long distances. Travel is part of a 12-vehicle convoy, following exceptional scheduling and route planning. The group moves between performance cities usually 4-5 nights each week. Other driving includes to performance sites from housing sites, and a limited number of miscellaneous trips (laundry, free time, etc).
Some personal requirements:
• At least 25 years of age
• Valid/appropriate driver’s license with good driving record
• Current DOT medical card (or ability to obtain one)
• Minimum of 5 years U.S driving experience, including 3 year's verifiable commercial driving experience, within the past 5 years, with 1 year of motorcoach specific experience for bus drivers
• Meet all driver qualification requirements of vehicle leasing/insurance company
• Submit to and pass initial drug test with background/reference check and ongoing random drug testing
• Ability to drive long distances, and at night
• Available for entire summer (June 15 - August 8)
• Experience/knowledge of driving for drum corps, marching band or similar touring group is helpful
Applicants please submit the following along with a cover email/letter to email@example.com:
1. License number, expiration date and state of issue
2. Date of birth
3. Current address (and address on license, if different)
4. Telephone number(s)
5. Brief resume/bio highlighting driving experience