It is delightful that Carolina Crown’s winter and spring camps are open to those of us who grow restless for the real deal through the long off-season. While the corps might only be at the forming stage of the triumvirate forming-storming-norming, it is impressive to witness exactly how a group of brass players from disparate schools, backgrounds, and experiences ultimately become the inimitable CrownBRASS.
Head Athletic Trainer Position
Carolina Crown Drum & Bugle Corps
Carolina Crown has an opening for an Athletic Trainer for the 2017 season! This position will require a full-time commitment from May 20 through August 12 to handle the Head Athletic Trainer responsibilities for our spring training and nationwide tour.
The ideal candidate for Athletic Trainer will have completed a Bachelors Degree in Athletic Training and be CPR, First Aid and AED certified. Some knowledge of the drum corps/marching band activity is a plus.
1. Demonstrate an ability to perform the following functions regarding athletic injuries:
prevention, assessment, treatment, (including first aid) and reconditioning as set forth
by the NATA Board of Certification.
2. Provide athletic training services to members, staff, and volunteers as required.
3. Communicate the plan of care & medical clearance status regarding member participation to
4. Provide input to staff as to the fitness and conditioning status of the member.
5. Provide patient education in the areas of sports injury prevention and care.
6. Complete all training documentation in a timely manner.
7. Implement the treatment plan if the member is sent for evaluation to a physician or
8. Maintain confidential patient information.
9. Organize, maintain and dispense all first-aid and OTC supplies within scope of
10. Perform other duties as assigned.
* A bachelor’s degree, BOC certification, CPR/AED certification, and current state licensure.
* Decision-making skills to make treatment assessments based on quick injury
* Effective interpersonal skills to communicate both in person and in writing with
members, administrative staff, other healthcare providers, and parents.
*Evidence of professional liability insurance.
Duties & Responsibilities
* Attend all rehearsals and performances unless excused by the onsite administrator in
* Travel on corps vehicles throughout the entire summer for the duration of the tour.
* Answer all calls and pages promptly.
* Maintain a personal cell phone and personal laptop computer in good working order.
Applicants must include a letter of application, resume and contact information for at least three references. Please send all application materials by email to email@example.com
Review of applications will begin immediately until the position is filled.
Saturday afternoon at close to 5:00 ET there was a distinct buzz throughout the Sagamore Ballroom of the Indianapolis Convention Center. That buzz was the crowd of a thousand plus percussion fans, performers and educators as they gushed in awe over the amazing clinic and performance put on by the Carolina Crown Percussion Section.